Medical Radiology Technology
Books, Videos/DVDs, E-books
Search the CNC Library Catalogue [ get searching tips ]
There are approx. 8,800 health-related titles at the main campus library in Prince George. Search the online catalogue by keyword (e.g. radiography e.g. imaging e.g. aging) or browse the shelves in these call number areas.
e.g. QM 23.2 .A53 Anatomy for beginners (video)
e.g. RC 78 .P567 Photon's Journey: from Tube to Film (DVD)
e.g. RC 78.7 .D35 D37 - Digital radiography and PACs
e.g. RC 78.4 .B66 Textbook of radiographic positioning
e.g. QR 41.2 .B382 Microbiology: with diseases by body system
e.g. QP 34.5 .M27 Fundamentals of anatomy and physiology
e.g. QP 34 .L58 The New living body (video series)
collection - dictionaries, encyclopedias, health indicators and other quick reference sources
e.g. REF QM 25. S35 Atlas of anatomy
e.g. REF R 121 .M89 Mosby's dictionary of medicine, nursing and health professions
collection - frequently used items available on short-term loan, at the circulation desk
collection - vital statistics
- there are many e-books in the catalogue that you can read in full-text online
Topics - Go to CNC Library Databases page
The best way to find a lot of information on a topic is to search a journal index or database. Most of the Library's indexes include full-text articles, which can be retrieved at any campus station or from home with a CNC computer account.
There are over 5,600 online full-text journals in health. The best indexes for Medical Radiography are:
(1) Academic, Health bundle (Ebsco): Includes Alt HealthWatch, Biomedical Reference Collection, Cinahl, Clinical Pharmacology, Health Source, Medline/PubMed
(2) LWW Lippincott Total Access Collection;
(3) DOAJ Directory of Open Access Journals;
Titles - Go to CNC Library home page and click on Journals
If you are looking for a specific journal, select from the A-Z list. When you click on a link, you go directly to the online journal.
Selected journals relating to Medical Radiography
In Print at CNC Library
- Journal of medical imaging and radiation sciences
- Laboratory medicine
- Radiologic technology journal
This is a link to 100+ titles relating to medical radiography.
Here are links to some useful Medical Radiography websites.
Tips for New Students
- Obtain a CNC ID card from Admissions and bring it to the Library (with proof of address) to activate your library account
- Activate your CNC computer account to ensure that you have full access to library resources
- Check out the Library - we have lots of nice study spaces, 10 bookable group study rooms, photocopiers, a fax machine, student computer labs with printers, free instructional handouts, audio-visual equipment carrels, and an adjacent Media Technology Services area where you can do colour printing, sign out equipment, use rooms with special equipment such as video and computer presentation equipment, and get help with your class projects
- Ask for help at the Information Desk at any time!
Tips for Instructors
- Book an in-class orientation with James Lovitt, Orientation Librarian
- Book a personal tour of the library so we can familiarize you with faculty-related services, including how to order items for the collection, how to get current awareness services in your area of interest, and relevant health information, such as the Electronic Health Library of BC, Using Journals, and Citation/style guides for APA American Psychological Association. Note that faculty members also have access to an image database, the Radiographic Image Library from Northern Health.