Medical Radiology Technology
Books, Videos/DVDs, E-books
Search the CNC Library Catalogue
There are thousands of health-related titles at the main campus library in Prince George. Search the online catalogue by keyword (e.g. radiography e.g. imaging e.g. aging) or browse the shelves in these call number areas.
QM 23.2 .A53 Anatomy for beginners (video)
Gray's Basic Anatomy E-Book
Gray's Anatomy for Students E-Book
Anatomy and Physiology for Nurses at a Glance
RC 78 .P567 Photon's Journey: from Tube to Film (DVD)
RC 78.7 .D35 D37 - Digital radiography and PACs
RC 78.4 .B66 Textbook of radiographic positioning
RES RC 78.7 .D35 S44 Digital radiography: an introduction
Radiography in the Digital Age: Physics, Exposure, Radiation Biology
QR 41.2 .B382 Microbiology: with diseases by body system
QP 34.5 .M27 Fundamentals of anatomy and physiology
QP 34 .L58 The New living body (video series)
Reference collection - dictionaries, encyclopedias, health indicators and other quick reference sources
e.g. REF QM 25. S35 Atlas of anatomy
e.g. REF R 121 .M89 Mosby's dictionary of medicine, nursing and health professions
Mosby's Pocket Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions
Mosby's Medical Dictionary
Reserve collection - frequently used items available on short-term loan, at the circulation desk
Statistics Canada collection - vital statistics
E-Books - there are many e-books in the Database Ebook Collection that you can read in full-text online
Topics - Go to CNC Library Databases page
The best way to find a lot of information on a topic is to search a journal index or database. Most of the Library's indexes include full-text articles, which can be retrieved at any campus station or from home with a CNC computer account.
There are over thousands of online full-text journals in health. The best indexes for Medical Radiography are in the CNC Databases:
(1) Health bundle: Alt HealthWatch, Biomedical Reference Collection, CINAHL, Ebooks, Health Source (Consumer/Nursing/Academic), AHFS Consumer Medication Information, Medline, Academic Search Complete, Canadian Reference Centre;
(2) OVID: Evidence Based Medical Reviews, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins Total Access Collection;
(3) Primal Pictures and Anatomy TV
Titles - Go to CNC Library home page and click on Journals
If you are looking for a specific journal, select from the A-Z list. When you click on a link, you go directly to the online journal.
Selected journals relating to Medical Radiography
In Print at CNC Library
- Journal of medical imaging and radiation sciences
- Laboratory medicine
This is a link to 100+ titles relating to medical radiography.
Here are links to some useful Medical Radiography websites.
Tips for New Students
- Obtain a CNC ID card from Admissions and bring it to the Library (with proof of address) to activate your library account
- Activate your CNC computer account to ensure that you have full access to library resources
- Check out the Library - we have lots of nice study spaces, 10 bookable group study rooms, photocopiers, a fax machine, student computer labs with printers, free instructional handouts, audio-visual equipment carrels, and an adjacent Media Technology Services area where you can do scanning and colour printing, request 3D printing, sign out equipment, and use rooms with special equipment such as video and computer presentation equipment.
- Ask for help at the Information Desk at any time!
Tips for Instructors
- Book an in-class orientation with James Lovitt, Orientation Librarian
- Book a personal tour of the library so we can familiarize you with faculty-related services, including how to order items for the collection, how to get current awareness services in your area of interest, and relevant health information, such as the Electronic Health Library of BC, Using Journals, and Citation/style guides.