Youth in Care Funding

Provincial Tuition Waiver Program

If you are a former youth in care attending a BC public post-secondary institution, or the Native Education College, and was in the care from the Ministry of Children and Family Development for a minimum of 24 months, you may be eligible for the Provincial Tuition Waiver Program. The program was created to improve access and educational outcomes for former youth in care.

How To Apply
  1. Complete the Provincial Tuition Waiver Program Application Form.
  2. Attached copy of your current government issued photo identification.
  3. E-mail the application to the Financial Aid & Awards department (

The consent form permits CNC to confirm your eligibility with the Ministry of Children and Family Development. More information is available though the BC Government

Youth Educational Assistance Fund (YEAF)

If you are a full-time student between the ages of 19 and 24, and if you are a former British Columbia youth in care, for a minimum of 5 years, you may be eligible to apply for the Youth Educational Assistance Fund (YEAF) for Former Youth in Care. YEAF provides up to $5500 in grant funding per year, for a maximum of four years, to eligible students.

To learn more, and to find an application form, please visit StudentAid BC

E-mail the completed application form along with a copy of your current registration statement and current government issued photo identification, at either the end of September (fall semester) or January (spring semester), to the Financial Aid & Awards office (

Youth Futures Education Fund (YFEF)

In collaboration with MCFD and CNC, to help former Youth in Care students, approved for the Provincial Tuition Waiver program, who may need additional supports to meet financial emergencies.  Details can be found on StudentAid BC's website. By appointment with the Financial Aid Advisor, call 250-561-5838.

Agreements With Young Adults (AYA)

The Agreements with Young Adults program is for former youth in care.  It provides financial support for students to finish high school, go to college or university or take a rehabilitation or life skills program.  Talk to a social worker at your local Ministry of Child and Family Development office or visit for more details.