Medical Lab Technology
Books, Videos/DVDs, E-books
Search the CNC Library Catalogue
There are thousands of health-related titles at the main campus library in Prince George. Search the online catalogue by keyword (e.g. medical laboratory e.g. hepatitis e.g. hematology) or browse the shelves in these call number areas.
QM 23.2 .A53 Anatomy for beginners (video)
RB 37 .W25 Basic clinical laboratory techniques
RB 37.6 .K47 Opportunities in clinical laboratory science careers
RC 78.4 .B66 Textbook of radiographic positioning
e.g. QR 41.2 .B382 Microbiology: with diseases by body system
QP 34.5 .M27 Fundamentals of anatomy and physiology
Ebook Reference collection - dictionaries, encyclopedias, and other quick reference sources
Gray's Basic Anatomy E-Book
Gray's Anatomy for Students E-Book
Anatomy and Physiology for Nurses at a Glance
Mosby's Pocket Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing & Health Professions
Mosby's Medical Dictionary
Reserve collection - frequently used items available on short-term loan, at the circulation desk
Statistics Canada collection - vital statistics
Topics - Go to CNC Library Journals page
The best way to find a lot of information on a topic is to search a journal index or database. Most of the Library's indexes include full-text articles, which can be retrieved at any campus station or from home with a CNC computer account.
There are thousands of online full-text journals in health. The best indexes for Medical Laboratory Technology are in:
(1) Health Bundle: Alt HealthWatch, Biomedical Reference Collection, CINAHL, Ebooks, Health Source (Consumer/Nursing/Academic), AHFS Consumer Medication Information, Medline, Academic Search Complete, Canadian Reference Centre;
(2) OVID: Evidence Based Medical Reviews, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins Total Access Collection;
(3) Primal Pictures and Anatomy TV
Titles - Go to CNC Library Journals page and click on Journals
If you are looking for a specific journal, select from the A-Z list. When you click on a link, you go directly to the online journal.
Selected journals relating to Med Lab Tech
In Print at CNC Library
- Canadian journal of medical laboratory science
- Laboratory medicine
This is a link to 500+ titles relating to medical laboratory technology.
Here are links to some useful med lab tech websites.
Tips for New Students
- Obtain a CNC ID card from Admissions and bring it to the Library (with proof of address) to activate your library account
- Activate your CNC computer account to ensure that you have full access to library resources
- Check out the Library - we have lots of nice study spaces, 8 bookable group study rooms, photocopiers, a fax machine, student computer labs with printers, audio-visual equipment carrels, and an adjacent Media Technology Services area where you can do colour printing, request 3D printing, sign out equipment, book rooms with special equipment such as video and computer presentation equipment.
- Ask for help at the Information Desk at any time!
Tips for Instructors
- Book an in-class orientation with James Lovitt, Orientation Librarian
- Book a personal tour of the library so we can familiarize you with faculty-related services, including how to order items for the collection, how to get current awareness services in your area of interest, and relevant health information, such as the Electronic Health Library of BC, Using Journal Indexes, and Citation/style guides for Vancouver Style (ICMJE Uniform Requirements)
MTS Medical Training Solutions Online Training Library [click to log in]
- Continuing education courses and competency tests for CNC Medical Laboratory Technology employees and students. To obtain access, please contact the MLT Faculty Coordinator - or the CNC Library Director, Kathy Plett: 250-562-2131 local 5298, room 2-722, email firstname.lastname@example.org