Medical Lab Technology
Books, Videos/DVDs, E-books
Search the CNC Library Catalogue [ get searching tips ]
There are approx. 8,800 health-related titles at the main campus library in Prince George. Search the online catalogue by keyword (e.g. medical laboratory e.g. hepatitis e.g. hematology) or browse the shelves in these call number areas.
e.g. QM 23.2 .A53 Anatomy for beginners (video)
e.g. RB 37 .W25 Basic clinical laboratory techniques
e.g. RB 37.6 .K47 Opportunities in clinical laboratory science careers
e.g. RC 78.4 .B66 Textbook of radiographic positioning
e.g. QR 41.2 .B382 Microbiology: with diseases by body system
e.g. QP 34.5 .M27 Fundamentals of anatomy and physiology
Reference collection - dictionaries, encyclopedias, health indicators and other quick reference sources
e.g. QM 25. S35 Atlas of anatomy: neck and internal organs
e.g. R 121 .M89 Mosby's dictionary of medicine, nursing and health professions
Reserve collection - frequently used items available on short-term loan, at the circulation desk
Statistics Canada collection - vital statistics
E-Books - there are many e-books in the catalogue that you can read in full-text online
Topics - Go to CNC Library Journals page
The best way to find a lot of information on a topic is to search a journal index or database. Most of the Library's indexes include full-text articles, which can be retrieved at any campus station or from home with a CNC computer account.
There are over 5,600 online full-text journals in health. The best indexes for Medical Laboratory Technology are in:
(1) Academic, Health (Ebsco): Alt HealthWatch, Biomedical Reference Collection, Cinahl, Clinical Pharmacology, Health Source, Medline/PubMed;
(2) OVID: Evidence Based Medical Reviews, Lippincott Williams and Wilkins Total Access Collection;
(3) ABI/Inform, CBCA: for Canadian content and product reports
Titles - Go to CNC Library Journals page and click on Journals
If you are looking for a specific journal, select from the A-Z list. When you click on a link, you go directly to the online journal.
Selected journals relating to Med Lab Tech
In Print at CNC Library
- Canadian journal of medical laboratory science
- Laboratory medicine
This is a link to 500+ titles relating to medical laboratory technology.
Here are links to some useful med lab tech websites.
Tips for New Students
- Obtain a CNC ID card from Admissions and bring it to the Library (with proof of address) to activate your library account
- Activate your CNC computer account to ensure that you have full access to library resources
- Check out the Library - we have lots of nice study spaces, 8 bookable group study rooms, photocopiers, a fax machine, student computer labs with printers, audio-visual equipment carrels, and an adjacent Media Technology Services area where you can do colour printing, sign out equipment, book rooms with special equipment such as video and computer presentation equipment, and get help with your class projects
- Ask for help at the Information Desk at any time!
Tips for Instructors
- Book an in-class orientation with James Lovitt, Orientation Librarian
- Book a personal tour of the library so we can familiarize you with faculty-related services, including how to order items for the collection, how to get current awareness services in your area of interest, and relevant health information, such as the Electronic Health Library of BC, Using Journal Indexes, and Citation/style guides for Vancouver Style (ICMJE Uniform Requirements)
MTS Medical Training Solutions Online Training Library [click to log in]
- Continuing education courses and competency tests for CNC Medical Laboratory Technology employees and students. To obtain access, please contact the MLT Faculty Coordinator - or the CNC Library Director, Kathy Plett: 250-562-2131 local 5298, room 2-722, email email@example.com