Transfer credit is when students use their previous post-secondary studies towards a new credential at another institution. Did you know that courses you take at CNC may transfer to other post-secondary schools in British Columbia?
For more information regarding course transfers and to see how they could possibly transfer between institutions, check the BC Transfer Guide.
Transferring from CNC to another institution
If you have attended CNC and would like to transfer your credits to another institution follow these steps:
- Request an official CNC transcript - send it to the institution that you wish to transfer your credits to.
- Print off detailed CNC course outlines to submit to the other institution if your course is NOT recognized in the BC Transfer Guide.
- Make an appointment with their Advising department - the receiving institution’s advising department can go over their transfer credit procedures.
Transferring from another institution to CNC
If you have attended another institution and would like to transfer your credits to CNC follow these steps:
- Request an official transcript from your institution - official transcripts must be forwarded in a sealed envelope directly from the issuing institution to the College of New Caledonia.
- Print off detailed course outlines - for all courses not appearing in the BC Transfer Guide (above). Outlines must be from the same year and/or month that you took the course and include the following information*:
- comprehensive description of the course material covered,
- number of instruction hours/lab hours per week,
- semester length, and
- grading profile.
- Make an appointment with an academic advisor - after your official transcript has been received by CNC and you have all the documentation required (see step 2 for courses not on BC Transfer Guide), make an appointment with an Academic Advisor at CNC.
*Note that calendar descriptions are not adequate for transfer credit evaluation.
See Transfer Credit Policy for more info.