Borrow & Renew Books
How to Borrow a Book
Library cards are free to CNC students, faculty, and people age 16 and over, living in the College region. To get a card, just present photo ID and proof of address at the circulation desk. For student privileges, you need to also show your CNC ID card or registration slip.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, our space is only open to current CNC students and employees at this time. Members of the public can borrow items by requesting them for pickup. See Pickup for Public Members.
Read more about library cards
Prince George Campus
Bring your book(s) to the Circulation Desk.
Bring your book(s) to the Reception Desk. Staff will record your name and phone number on a book card located at the back of the book, and will file that until the book is returned. The loan period is 2 weeks. When finished, return books to the Reception Desk.
Usually campus staff are available, but if not, you may sign out your own books. Write your name and today’s date on the library card located in the back of the book. Place the card in the card file box. The loan period is 2 weeks. Please return books to the library when they are due.
Borrowing Online Books
Library users can access online books using the library catalogue. To search for online items only, in the search box type the phrase: topic word(s) and electronic resource. You will retrieve records for online items. Click on a title and click on the electronic access link to get to the full text.
If the print item you have located in the catalogue is kept at your home campus, write down the call number and look for it. To borrow items located at another campus, fill out an Interlibrary Loan form and hand it to library staff.
How to Renew a Book
If you need a book for a longer time, you can visit the library at any campus and ask staff to renew it for you, or do it yourself online.
Renewing a Book Online
- Go to library home page and click on Classic Catalogue.
- Once you are in the catalogue, click on the MY ACCOUNT button at the top
- Click on RENEW MY MATERIALS.
- Enter your User ID (14-digit library card number) and PIN number (4-digit number given to you when you got your library card; call us if you forgot it).
- Select the items you wish to renew by clicking on the relevant box, or you may select all of them.
- Click on RENEW SELECTED ITEMS.
- Click on the SEARCH/HOME button at the top of the page to return to the Library catalogue search box.
- Remember to LOG OUT if you are on a public station.
Renewal limits: you can have up to 2 renewals on regular items (if nobody else has asked for them); there are no renewals on reserve items