Before You Arrive

We can’t wait to meet and welcome you to your new home! It’s time to start planning your life in Prince George.  

NOTE: Do not arrange travel or living accommodations until you have received an email from CNC confirming you are registered for classes. Check to make sure you have completed all application tasks by visiting our how to apply page.  

Getting your Immigration Documents Ready

International Students - Getting your Immigration Documents Ready

  • Study Permit

  • Passport

  • Temporary Resident Visa or Electronic Travel Authorization

Failure to Appear

Students who arrive in Canada with a Study Permit secured through CNC but who fail to appear for classes will be reported to Immigration Canada as “Missing”. 

Preparing to Live in Canada

Once you have your visa, it’s time to prepare to travel to and live in Canada. Click here for more information about arranging your travel, finding housing, transportation options, opening a Canadian bank account, obtaining medical insurance, and things to do in Prince George.  

International Students - Preparing to Live in Canada

  • Arrange your Travel

  • Find a Place to Stay

  • Transportation in Prince George

  • Open a Canadian Bank Account

  • Obtain Medical Insurance

  • Things to do in Prince George

Prepare to Attend CNC

Arrive on campus prepared to thrive at CNC. Click here for more information about Orientation and paying for college.  

International Students - Prepare to Attend CNC

  • Preparing for Orientation

  • Paying for College

Arriving in Canada

Once you arrive in Canada, there are a few more things to do.

Once you arrive