CNC Research Forest Society Legacy Fund
Get your project funded by the CNC Research Forest Society!
Opportunity for Project Funding
To celebrate its 10th anniversary, the Research Forest is providing funding for legacy projects up to three years in length, for up to $30,000 per year. The CNC Research Forest Society will consider project funding in excess of $30,000 per year, where the benefits of the project warrant the investment.
Who Can Apply?
The CNC Research Forest Society, who provides management oversight of the CNC Research Forest, is seeking Legacy Project ideas and is reaching out to individuals, businesses, community groups, First Nations, government agency, secondary schools and post-secondary schools in regions served by CNC.
This call for Legacy Projects is aimed at communities and surrounding areas currently affected by spruce beetle and served by the College of New Caledonia, which include Prince George, Bear Lake, McLeod Lake, Mackenzie, Quesnel, Fort St James, Vanderhoof, and Burns Lake.
What Kind of Projects Qualify for Funding?
The legacy project funding is an opportunity to support and invest modest amounts of the surplus CNC Research Forest revenues to further the CNCRFS’ purposes, and where possible create a long-term positive benefit to the region served by CNC. While the scope and nature of potential legacy projects may be wide ranging, a legacy project is intended be consistent with any of the following:
- Provide a benefit or enhancement to the environment.
- Enhance the viability and profile of the CNC Research Forest.
- Enhance natural resource educational and outreach opportunities for CNC and all stakeholders.
- Implement an environmental or social commitment to the region on behalf of
- the CNC Research Forest Society.
- Continuation or creation of new partnerships with CNC or the CNCRFS.
Preference will be given to projects that provide:
- Long lasting benefit (multiple year),
- Benefit multiple different groups or stakeholders within CNC region, or
- Advance awareness of the environmental and renewable natural resource.
How to Apply
- Read the Information & Protocol document for further details regarding this funding opportunity
- Download the Funding Proposal Word document and complete the form. Send the finished form, along with any attachments and supporting documentation, in an email entitled “Legacy Project Proposal” to the CNC Research Forest Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You can contact the CNC Research Forest Manager at email@example.com at anytime before August 16, 2019 with questions about your proposal
Application deadline August 16, 2019 at 4:00PM.