Adult Upgrading Grant
The Adult Upgrading Grant (AUG) is a provincial government-funded program that provides needs-based grants to help off-set the costs associated with program/course(s) fees, tuition, workbooks, unsubsidized childcare and transportation for learners most in need of financial assistance enrolled in Adult Basic and Special Education programs including:
- Academic Upgrading (ACDU)
- English Language Studies (ENLA)
- Focus Employment Training (FOCUS)
- Job, Education and Training (JET), Techniques for Access (TARGET) and
How to Apply
To apply for the Adult Upgrading Grant:
- Apply for your program (Academic Upgrading, English Language, or JET/TARGET) with the Office of the Registrar.
- Download the AUG Application PDF and save to your computer.
- Read the instructions and complete the application in full. If you do not have a digital signature, please type your name and date in the signature/date boxes.
- Proof of income for 2019 must be included. Acceptable documents are, but are not limited to, 2019 Tax Assessments or 2019 T1 Generals (must include line 15000). Only one document must be provided and a full list of acceptable documents can be found on page 1 of the application form. Spousal and/or parental proof of income will also be required if applicable.
- Do not transmit Social Insurance Numbers (SIN) by e-mail. If your SIN is not already on file, it will be requested at the time of registration.
- E-mail your completed application and 2019 proof of income to AUG@cnc.bc.ca.
Students who wish to provide a hard copy application and proof of income, can leave them in the drop box located in front of the Office of the Registrar. We recommend using a sealed envelope to protect your personal information contained on the form.
If you are approved for AUG funding you will receive a confirmation e-mail with further details. If you have any questions about AUG funding, please e-mail AUG@cnc.bc.ca.