Books, Videos/DVDs, E-books
Search the CNC Library Catalogue
There are thousands of health-related titles at the main campus library in Prince George, and there are over 1000 directly related to dental or dentistry. Search the online catalogue by keyword (e.g. dent* e.g. fluorid* e.g. plaque) or browse the shelves in the RK call number areas. Please note that checking the library Databases-Ebook page is advisable as the newest and most current e-materials are located on this page.
- QM 311 .F73 Dental anatomy and tooth development (E-Book)
- QM 311 .W64 Woelfel's dental anatomy
- QM 535 .F46 Saunders/Elsevier Dental anatomy coloring book
- RK 52 .M287 2010 Concepts in dental public health
- RK 52 .M37 Infection control for the dental team
- RK 52.4 .C3 C36 Report on the findings of the oral health component of the Canadian health measures survey 2007-2009 (E-Book)
- RK 55 .M4 T73 Treating the dental patient with a developmental disorder
- RK 60.5 .C365 Case studies in dental hygiene
- RK 60.5 .D445 Dental hygiene: theory and practice
- RK 60.5 .E855 Evidence-based dentistry for the dental hygienist
- RK 60.5 .G37 The administrative dental assistant
- RK 60.5 .L58 Lippincott Williams & Wilkins' comprehensive dental assisting
- RK 60.5 .P48 Dental assisting: a comprehensive approach
- RK 60.5 .R495 Review questions and answers for dental assisting
- RK 60.7 .M67 Mosby's comprehensive review of dental hygiene
- RK 60.7 .M94 General and oral pathology for dental hygiene practice
- RK 60.8 .H43 Health behavior change in the dental practice
- RK 61 .O73 The oral-systemic health connection: a guide to patient care
- RK 281 .S74 The dental hygienist's guide to nutritional care
- RK 307 .D43 General and oral pathology for the dental hygienist
- RK 307 .I27 Oral pathology for the dental hygienist, with general pathology introductions
- RK 308.3 .P53 Preventing medical emergencies: use of the medical history
- RK 309 .D44 Essentials of dental radiography for dental assistants and hygienists
- RK 309 .W54 Radiography and radiology for dental care professionals
- RK 361 .C58 Comprehensive periodontics for the dental hygienist
- RK 361 .C37 Carranza's clinical periodontology
- RK 361 .D46 Dental health (DVD)
- RK 361 .R52 Periodontal diagnosis and therapy
- RK 510 .M332 Malamed's local anesthesia administration (DVD)
- RK 652 .B37 Basics of dental technology: a step by step approach
- RK 681 .N53 Fundamentals of periodontal instrumentation and advanced root instrumentation
- RK 701 .W45 Oral pharmacology for the dental hygienist
- RK 701 .R46 Applied pharmacology for the dental hygienist
Medicine, other sections R's
- R 690 .F54 Career opportunities in health care
- RA 591.7 .S97 A systematic review of public water fluoridation (E-Book)
- RC 86.8 .D46 Dental office medical emergencies: a manual of office response protocols
- RC 261 .M688 Mouthguard use and care
- RS 142.23 .C6 Compendium of pharmaceuticals and specialties Canada (CPS)
- QR 47 .E87 Essentials of microbiology for dental students
- QP 141 .D365 Dental hygienists' guide to nutritional care
- Reference collection - dictionaries, encyclopedias, health indicators and other quick reference sources e.g. REF QM Anatomy, REF R Medical Dictionaries, REF RK for Dental Hygiene
- Reserve collection - frequently used items available on short-term loan, at the circulation desk
- Statistics Canada collection - vital statistics
- E-Books - there are many e-books that you can read in full-text online.
Topics - Go to CNC Library Databases page
The best way to find a lot of information on a topic is to search a journal index or database. Most of the Library's indexes include full-text articles, which can be retrieved at any campus station or from home with a CNC computer account.
There are thousands of online full-text journals in health, and hundreds dealing directly with Dentistry and Dental Hygiene. The best indexes for Dental topics are:
(1) Dentistry and Oral Sciences Source: 320+ online journal titles relating to dental.
(2) Health bundle (Ebsco): includes Alt HealthWatch, Biomedical Reference Collection, CINAHL Complete, Ebooks, Health Source: (Consumer) & (Nursing/Academic), AHFS Consumer Medication Information, Medline Full-text, Academic Search Complete, and Canadian Reference Centre.
(3) Ovid for Evidence Based Reviews
Titles - Go to CNC Library home page and click on Journals to search for various journals and whether they are available in print or online.
Here are links to some useful websites, for CNC Dental Assisting Program and Dental Hygiene Program
Certification and Licensure
Equipment and Supplies
Teaching and Research
Tips for New Students
- Obtain a CNC ID card from Admissions and bring it to the Library, with proof of address, to activate your library account
- Activate your CNC computer account to ensure that you have full access to library resources; see Student Technology Guide posted on the Information Technology Services website
- Check out the Library - we have lots of nice study spaces, 10 bookable group study rooms, black and white photocopiers, student computer labs with printers, media equipment carrels, and an adjacent Media Technology Services area where you can do scanning and colour printing, request 3D printing, sign out equipment, and use rooms with special equipment for videos and presentations.
- Ask for help at the Reference Desk at any time with projects. The reference librarians will assist students with finding resources including library books, ebooks, journal articles, videos, and online resources. Additional assistance includes help with checking/constructing references and in-text citations!
Tips for Instructors
- Book an in-class orientation with James Lovitt, Orientation Librarian, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Book a personal tour of the library so we can familiarize you with faculty-related services, including how to order items for the collection, how to get current awareness services in your area of interest, and relevant health information, such as Citation/style guides for Vancouver Style (ICMJE Uniform Requirements). Note that faculty have access to some online dental image collections in R:/Copyright/Dental folder.