Graduating & Getting a Work Permit

When you’re almost done all the courses and credits for your program you can apply to graduate. You’re almost there!

Apply to Graduate

You need to fill out this form to get your credential. Don’t skip this step, you need it to finish your program!

Apply for Graduation

Register for Convocation (optional)

Celebrate earning your credential with your classmates, family, and friends! Convocation ceremonies take place in June. Registration for Convocation is typically from March to May.

More about Convocation

Order Your Post Graduation Work Permit Letter

If you have graduated but don’t have your official diploma or certificate from CNC yet, you can request a Graduation Letter (Post-Graduation Work Permit Letter), to apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWP).

You can work if you have completed your studies based on the conditions of your study permit until you get your final grades or notice of graduation in written form from CNC. Once you get your final grades, you must stop working until you apply for a Post-Graduate Work Permit. Using a Graduation Letter helps students continue working in their jobs between receiving their final grades and their official CNC credential.

If your study permit will expire before getting your official credential from CNC, you will need to extend your study permit to be allowed to work after applying for PGWP.

You can order your Post-Graduation Work Permit Letter through CNC Connect.

What Do I do with my Post-Graduation Work Permit Letter?

Once you get a Post-Graduation Work Permit Letter, you must apply for your Post-Graduate Work Permit within 24 hours or stop working. Apply for a Post-Graduation Work Permit with the letter and your final CNC transcripts.

Please note that students who have received their official diploma or certificate from CNC do not require a Post-Graduation Work Permit Letter to apply for PGWP.

Order Your Transcript

You can order an official record of your studies through CNC Connect. Make sure to select the “When notation/credential is added” option so your graduation is shown on the document.

Order a Transcript

Processing time: Please allow six weeks from the end of the semester for any graduation documentation to be completed.

Apply for your Work Permit

Once you have a Work Permit Letter and a Transcript, you can apply for a work permit through Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada.

More About Work Permits