Release, Waiver, and Assumption of Risk
In consideration of the College of New Caledonia (hereinafter called “The College”) conducting and arranging or otherwise being responsible for recreational facilities and activities, in which I may participate or be involved in.
I hereby waive, release and hold free The College, its officers, employees or agents from any liability or claim of any nature that I, my successors or assigns, now or in the future, may have at any time against any of them arising in any matter whatsoever from or out of:
- My preparation for, participation in, or involvement with, recreational facilities and activities and anything or any event associated therewith.
- All personal injuries, property losses or damages, or other expenses that I may incur during, or arising from my participation or involvement in recreational facilities and activities.
I acknowledge and agree that recreational activities at The College can be dangerous, exposing participants to many risks and hazards, some of which are inherent in the very nature of the activity itself and others which result from human error and negligence on the part of person involved in the preparation or organization and staging of facilities, classes and other activities. I, as a participant, acknowledge that there will be limited or no supervision in The College weight room and other facilities. I may suffer serious personal injury that includes, but not limited to, specific risks such as heart attack, back injuries, injuries to limbs, muscles and joints, even death as well as property loss, nevertheless, I freely and voluntarily assume all the associated risks and hazards and my preparation for and participation in The College weight room, fitness classes, bouldering wall, and squash court shall be entirely at my own risk. I am entirely responsible for my own physical fitness, including awareness and communication of any conditions that may impair my ability to participate safely. I understand that neither The College nor any of its officers, employees or agents assume any responsibility whatsoever for my safety during the course of my preparation for or participation in recreational activities.
- All new members must sign a waiver and receive a key card prior to using the gym.
- Key cards may not be shared, they are intended for the cardholder’s use of the gym. Sharing cards or allowing non-cardholders into the gym will result in loss of card privileges and deposit.
- Proper attire must be worn at all times for health and safety reasons.
- Shirts and athletic shoes are mandatory.
- Absolutely no photography permitted in the weight room.
- Any weight room related injury or equipment issues must be reported immediately.
- Equipment must be wiped down after use. Towels and cleaner are provided.
- Respect for equipment and the facility are to be demonstrated at all times.
- Do not drop the weights. If you can pick them up, you can place them down.
- Equipment is to be used for its intended purpose.
- Weight pins must not be removed from the weight room.
- Equipment must be returned to the proper racks when lifting is complete.
- Bars must have collars at all times.
- Spotters must be utilized when lifting heavy free weights.
- Follow appropriate weight room safety and etiquette practices, demonstrate
courtesy to others at all times.
- Tobacco, food, gum, glass bottles, horseplay and offensive language are not
permitted in the weight room.
- CNC is not responsible for the personal belongings of members that are lost or stolen.
Failure to follow the rules, misuse of equipment, or breach of the CNC Student Conduct policy or any other college policy may result in loss of gym facility privileges or other disciplinary measures as deemed appropriate. It is the responsibility of the student to familiarize themselves with college policies.