Process for travelers to enter Canada via air travel.
As of August 9th 2021,
Students coming to Canada must arrive via one of the four international airports currently accepting international flights. These are YVR – Vancouver, YYC – Calgary, YYZ –Toronto/Pearson and YUL – Montreal/Trudeau.
Before boarding their flights all students must:
- Complete a pre-entry COVID-19 test with a negative result within 72 hours prior to the flight.
- Register for an Arrival Test.
- Submit travel and 14 day quarantine plan to the Government via the ArriveCAN mobile app.
To board the flight all students must:
- Present pre-entry Covid -19 results to the airline to be able to board the flight.
On arriving in Canada all students must:
- Present ArriveCAN receipt, pre-entry Covid – 19 test results, and quarantine plan for assessment by a border services officer.
- Take another Covid-19 test before leaving the airport.
- Receive a test kit to take home and complete on day 8 of their quarantine.
On leaving the airport all students must:
- Proceed to their approved place of quarantine.
- Complete their test on day 8 after arrival in Canada and await test results.
All students must receive a negative result from their day 8 test and have completed their 14 day quarantine to leave quarantine.
If the student is fully vaccinated, the Border Services Officer may exempt the student from quarantining. To receive a quarantine exemption, the students must
- Have no signs or symptoms of Covid-19.
- Have received the full series of an accepted COVID-19 Vaccine or combination of vaccines.
- Have received the final dose of the vaccine at least 14 days prior to arrival in Canada.
- Have uploaded proof of their vaccination to the ArriveCAN app.
Acceptable COVID-19 Vaccines include
- Johnson and Johnson
Fully vaccinated travelers are still required to take the arrival test.
Additional information can be found on the Government of Canada website here:
See the Government of Canada’s page for International Students.
It is the responsibility of the student to follow all the rules of flight/travel and quarantine.
Strict fines and regulations regarding quarantine plans are in place as per the Quarantine Act. Failure to obey these regulations could result in significant fines or removal from the country. It is the students responsibility to follow all rules as per the Quarantine Act.
Timing your Travel
International students should plan to arrive in Canada with enough time to complete the 14-day quarantine before classes begin. However, when students arrive too early to Canada, or whose classes are online, their purpose could be considered optional and discretionary travel, and therefore not be able to enter the country. Please carefully time your arrival in Canada.
Carrying a Letter of Support
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada recommends that any student trying to enter Canada provide the Border Services Agent with a Letter of Support from the Designated Learning Institute.
CNC can issue a letter of support to international students planning to travel
First, students planning to travel to Canada must send us an email informing us they plan to travel, and include their Visa confirmation, flight details, and a copy of their BC Self-Isolation Plan.
Transportation from the Airport to your Quarantine Location
For everyone’s safety, please arrange to travel by taxi from the Prince George Airport to your quarantine location. Local taxi companies include:
- Prince George Taxi: 250 564 4444
- Emerald Taxi: 250 5633333
Accommodation for Self-Isolation
Please email email@example.com to get a Hotels for Students in Quarantine list.
Still have questions?
When contacting the international office, please include your full legal name and student ID for verification.
For admissions related question, firstname.lastname@example.org
For academic advising related questions, email@example.com
For immigration advising related questions, firstname.lastname@example.org