International Students

Incoming International Students 

All incoming international students, both new and returning - please make sure you are familiar with all Federal Government requirements for incoming travellers to Canada. Full information is available on the Government of Canada website.

Make sure to check this link regularly as conditions can change quickly. Be sure to check with your airline as well, for any further updates.

Effective October 1, 2022, all remaining Canada border restrictions related to COVID-19 are being lifted. Please refer to the Government of Canada website  for more information on vaccination, testing, quarantine and other travel requirements. 

Travelling to Canada Checklist

  1. Find out if you are allowed to travel to Canada.
  2. Send an email to College of New Caledonia at to tell us you are planning to travel to Canada.
  3. Submit your Quarantine Plan to the Government of Canada, through the ArriveCAN Application.
  4. Send the College of New Caledonia your visa and travel details (flight itinerary)
  It is the responsibility of the student to follow all the rules of flight/travel and quarantine.
Strict fines and regulations regarding quarantine plans are in place as per the Quarantine Act. Failure to obey these regulations could result in significant fines or removal from the country. It is the students responsibility to follow all rules as per the Quarantine Act.

Transportation from the Airport

For everyone’s safety, please arrange to travel by taxi from the Prince George Airport. Local taxi companies include:

  • Prince George Taxi: 250 564 4444
  • Emerald Taxi: 250 563 3333

Still have questions?

When contacting the international office, please include your full legal name and student ID for verification.

For admissions related question,
For academic advising related questions,
For immigration advising related questions,


Extending Your Study Permit

One of our advisors can support you remotely with this request. You can book a phone appointment with an international student advisor or email

You can also access this self-help video to apply for a study permit extension.

MyCanadaPlan Health Insurance

Newly arriving students are covered by MyCanadaPlan health insurance providing they inform the College of their arrival.  This insurance is mandatory and automatic and covers a student for 3 months of emergency care (including Covid-19 if contracted after arrival in Canada).  Please visit MyCanadaPlan by Gallivan Health for more information.

Frequently Asked Questions

Coronavirus FAQs International