Full-Time Student Loans (Federal and Provincial)
Funding for your education for students with BC residence status may be available through StudentAid BC. Students from outside BC should contact the student loan ministry from their home province or territory.
Part-Time Student Loans
Students studying on a part time basis, may apply for part-time studies financial assistance.
Assessment for part-time students is different than for full-time students. Part Time Canada Student loan pays for tuition and fees, books, supplies, transportation and unsubsidized child care costs incurred to attend classes. The Part Time student loan program does not cover living costs..
Part-time loans are not available for students registered for Continuing and Community Education, English Language Training, or Adult Basic Education (Upgrading) courses.
How to Apply for a Part-Time Student Loan
- Print an application from the StudentAidBC site and complete is full.
- Bring the following documents to the Financial Aid & Awards Office in Student Services :
- The completed Part-Time Loan Application Form,
- A copy of your most recent Tax Assessment page with Line 150
- A copy of your Admissions Registration Statement for the semester(s).
- Book an appointment with the Financial Aid Clerk by dropping by the Student Services Office or calling 250-561-5838, to review your application and supporting documents. Your PT loan application will be uploaded to StudentAid BC. You will receive a Notice of Assessment and Certificate of Eligibility with instructions on completing the application.
Canada Apprentice Loans and Grants
Canada Apprentice Loans (CAL)
Apprentices registered in a Red Seal trade apprenticeship program who meet the eligibility requirements for Canada Apprentice Loan (CAL) may receive up to $4000 in interest-free loans per period of technical training.
Information and on-line application
Apprenticeship Incentive Grant (AIG)
The Apprenticeship Incentive Grant (AIG) is a taxable cash grant of $1,000 per year, up to a maximum of $2,000 per person, available to registered apprentices once they have successfully finished their first or second year/level (or equivalent) of an apprenticeship program in one of the Red Seal trades.
Apprenticeship Completion Grant (ACG)
Taxable cash grant of $2,000 that helps registered apprentices who have completed their training become certified journeypersons in designated Red Seal Trades.
Support for Apprentices
Information to help apprentices complete their training in a Red Seal trade and for employers to help support the apprentices they hire and train.
Need more help?