Henry Reiser is CNC’s seventh official president.
Reiser is serving in his fifth year as president and came to Prince George to accept the position in May of 2014 from Kwantlen Polytechnic University in Surrey, BC where he was Dean of Trades and Technology.
Reiser holds a Bachelor of Science from the University of Toronto (UofT), a Master of Applied Science from the University of British Columbia (UBC) and is a certified Red Seal construction and maintenance electrician.
Henry has more than 25 years of applied research experience and has pioneeed project-based learning pedagogy and the integration of applied research into curriculum throughout his career.
His previous academic roles include Dean of Trades and Technology at Lambton College in Sarnia, ON and Chair of Engineering and IT at Conestoga College in Kitchener, ON with 20 years of teaching experience at Thompson Rivers University in Kamloops, BC.
Other positions that Reiser holds
- member of the Board of Post Secondary Education Association
- Director, Trades Training BC
- Director, BC Colleges - Council of Presidents
- Member of Economic Development Committee of City of PG
- Member of Educational Sub-Committee of City of PG
- Member of Steering Committee - Electrical Human Resources Canada - Labour Market Info Study