Gain the skills needed for an exciting career in tourism and hotel management.
Created and lead by industry experts you can fast-track your entry into one of the world’s most dynamic industries. This program will prepare you with the knowledge, analytical, interpersonal and practical skills needed to pursue supervisory and management roles in the rapidly expanding domestic and international markets.
Some potential careers in Tourism & Hotel Management include:
- General Manager
- Director of Sales & Marketing
- Front Office Manager
- Operations Manager
- Conference, Events & Banquets Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Activity Guides/Tour Leaders
- Management in a variety of Tourism Operations
There's a variety of pathways you can take once completing this Post-Diploma program. Examples of salaries for a Hotel Manager.
Post Diploma Tourism and Hotel Management Courses
This program will provide you with the opportunity to gain an in-depth understanding of tourism and hotel management and prepare you with the knowledge, analytical, interpersonal and practical skills needed to pursue supervisory and management careers in the rapidly expanding domestic and international tourism markets. The program content has been created in collaboration with industry experts, ensuring its relevancy, and will maintain a connection with the local tourism industry throughout the program.
Post Diploma in Tourism and Hotel Management Program Outline
In addition to the courses listed below students will also need to complete the following:
THMG 320 Event Coordination Essentials
THMG 322 Leadership Skills for Tourism
CUE 150 Skills Development: Time Management
CUE 152 Skills Development: Interpersonal Skills
CUE 154 Skills Development: Goal Setting
CUE 156 Skills Development: Team Building
THMG 340 Tourism and Hotel Management Practicum
Applicants require proof of successful completion of the following:
- Minimum successful completion of a 2-year diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalent.
- Students whose first language is not English must show proof of a minimum IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent.
Application process and timeline
- Submit a completed college application form and pay the $40 non-refundable application fee. This can be done online, in person, by fax, or by mail.
- Official transcripts (demonstrating required program prerequisites) must be submitted - at the time of application is recommended.
- Upon acceptance, students can register for desired course(s) - availability on a first come, first serve basis.
Domestic students - $599 per course + related student fees, EXCEPT FOR the following courses:
- COM 204 - Financial Accounting: $273
- MGT 263 - Human Resources Development: $273
- CUE 150 - Skills Development: Time Management: $199
- CUE 152 - Skills Development: Interpersonal Skills: $199
- CUE 154 - Skills Development: Goal Setting: $199
- CUE 156 - Skills Development: Team Building: $199
New for Fall 2018
- THMG 340 - Tourism & Hotel Management Practicum: $599 + $275 practicum fee and related student fees.
- THMG 312 - Customer Service Management of Tourism Operations: $599 + $225 material fee and related student fees.
Invest in your future
Please check the Fee Schedule for up-to-date information.
These costs are an estimate. Student fees vary by campus.
Books for this program can be purchased from the bookstore.
Paying for college
We're here to help. You can apply for scholarships and bursaries through CNC. We can also help you find loans and other funding. Visit Financial aid to find out how.
Salaries and employment
Looking for a job? Check the student employment opportunities.
The estimated cost for this program is $19,300.
This cost is an estimate and subject to change. This does not include registration fees, text books, medical insurance or living expenses.