Information for Host Organizations
Our practicum students
Students entering the Tourism & Hotel Management (THMG) Post Diploma program must have a minimum of a 2-year diploma and many of them have university degrees. During the THMG program students have been given the opportunity to earn necessary hospitality certificates, including, Serving It Right, WHMIS, Food Safe and WorldHost.
Meet some of our students
As part of the Tourism & Hotel Management Post-Diploma program students are assigned a blog project where they explore Prince George and share their stories.
Coursework completed prior to the practicum semester:
- THMG 300 The Business of Global Tourism
- THMG 302 Business Writing for the Tourism Industry
- THMG 304 Communications &Technology in Tourism
- THMG 308 Marketing the Tourism Industry
- THMG 310 Financial Management
- THMG 314 Contemporary Issues in Toursim
- THMG 318 The Business of Hotel Management
- MGT 263 Human Resource Development
- COM 204 Financial Accounting
- CUE 150 Time Management
- CUE 152 Interpersonal Skills
- CUE 154 Goal Setting
Learn more about the program
- Apply the learning from previous courses to practice in an applied setting.
- Provide general consultation and education on HR management best practices.
- Demonstrate ethics, work habits and communication skills.
- Apply feedback from instructors and workplace hosts.
As the placements are only 40 hours long, think about something “bite-sized” that a student could take on. If your business falls under the categories of:
- food and beverage,
- aviation and/or,
- travel or tourism related agencies,
Please consider hosting a practicum student to ensure there are qualified staff in our tourism industry for the future.
Apply online today to host a practicum student!
surveymonkey.ca/r/THMGpracticum or email firstname.lastname@example.org