Our CNC Foundation
During the 2016 Strategic Plan development process, CNC reviewed the Mission and Vision statements and the Institutional Values to ensure they reflect where the CNC is going over the next five years.
This is what we are here to do, as the community college in north-central British Columbia.
The College of New Caledonia’s mission, as a comprehensive community college, is to provide access to lifelong learning and to facilitate the achievement of educational and personal goals. We are responsive to the diverse needs of our students, our employees, and the communities in our region. In a dynamic, consultative environment, we deliver quality programs and promote the success of every student.
This is what we intend to become within a certain timeframe.
The College of New Caledonia’s vision is to deliver programs and services of the highest standard possible to our learners. CNC will be recognized regionally and internationally for implementing effective learning opportunities, which will increase educational access for our learners. Students, employees and communities will share “one experience” of CNC. Our programs will support the development of local, regional and global leaders.
At CNC, our values guide the work that we do and the decisions that are made.
- Respect: We respect and value each individual by being inclusive and embracing the diversity of our learners and college communities.
- Accountability: We are accountable to each other and to the college community for our actions and for achieving our commitments.
- Integrity: We act with integrity, fulfilling promises and ensuring open, respectful relationships.
- Transparency: We conduct ourselves in an open, honest, and transparent manner.
- Relationships: We work together to advance CNC in its academic mission and in fostering respectful relationships.