Today, CNC joins with those around the world in celebration of the International Day of Persons with Disabilities (IDPD). We want to tell you more about accessibility services that can support your success.
According to the United Nations, about 15 per cent of the world’s population live with some form of disability. Different levels of ability, whether visible or not, are part of everyday life in education and the workplace.
CNC works hard to create an inclusive campus environment with Accessibility Services available to all students. Accommodation service plans are tailored to each student’s needs. Here are the five most common ways CNC supports students with disabilities:
- We can help you access to technology minimizing the impact of disabilities in the classroom;
- We can provide access to books in alternate formats;
- You may be eligible for additional time to complete exams;
- We can arrange exam rooms with reduced noise and distractions; and
- We can provide classroom equipment modifications for you.
We welcome and encourage you to access CNC’s Accessibility Services to help you succeed in your studies. For more information, please visit the Accessibility Services webpage.