Develop your skills and express your creativity. If you want to work as a creative professional in a career you love, then CNC's Web & Graphic Design Program is for you.
What you will learn
Learn visual and online communication strategies, digital art and interactive media, web design, typography, project management and creative problem solving while you prepare promotional materials to promote yourself and other businesses.
Our one and two-year programs offer a creative learning environment that spans multiple disciplines yet still gives you the opportunity to specialize in a chosen field. Use programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Premiere Pro along with other Adobe Creative Cloud Software.
Strategically position yourself for careers in communication design, web, digital media production, illustration and many other creative fields, including:
- Front-end web developer (user experience, user interface)
- Motion graphic designer
- Digital artist
- Graphic novel artist
- Character designer
- Game designer
- Interactive digital media designer
- Industrial or product designer (3D product design: jewelry, toys etc.)
- Advertising specialist (visual identity, branding, logo, interface, layout)
- Print designer (books, product packaging, catalogs, magazines, advertisements, promotional and informational materials, educational materials, corporate print materials)
- 3D or 2D animator
- 3D modeller
Web & Graphic Design graduates could end up working either "in house" for large or medium-sized organizations or for agencies that get hired by other organizations. Many designers also choose to be self-employed as freelancers, either full-time or in addition to other work.
Potential workplaces include:
- Web design and development studio
- Graphic design agency
- Marketing and advertising agency
- Media or publishing company (including print, online, or television)
- In-house marketing and communications department
- Film and video production company
- Sign and graphic company
- Copy and print centre
Places some of our previous graduates have/are working at:
- ABC Communications Ltd.
- AllMobile Signs and Graphics
- Angler’s Atlas
- CKPG TV
- College of New Caledonia
- Concept Design Ltd.
- CTV - Vancouver
- Indigo Ink Graphic Design
- Info Pages Directory
- Integris Credit Union
- IRL Signs
- Livework Communications
- PG Web Designs
- The Prince George Citizen
- The Prince George Free Press
- SpeeDee Your Office Experts Ltd.
- Splash Media Group Inc.
- Trim-Line Sign Crafters
- Up the Creek Garment Co.
- Moko Productions
- Northern Health
- On-reel Video Production (currently VideoNexus)
- Opinion 250 News Inc.
- The Quesnel Cariboo Observer
Educational institutions past students have attended after the program:
- The Art Institute of Vancouver
- Athabasca University
- British Columbia Institute of Technology
- Capilano University
- Emily Carr University of Art + Design
- Mount Royal College
- Thompson Rivers University
- VanArts - Vancouver Institute of Media Arts
- Vancouver Film School
- Vancouver Island University
- University of the Fraser Valley
Web and Graphic Design Diploma Courses
Learn visual and online communication strategies, digital art and interactive media, web design, typography, project management and creative problem solving while you prepare promotional materials to promote yourself and other businesses. Our two-year program offers a creative learning environment that spans multiple disciplines yet still gives you the opportunity to specialize in a chosen field. Use programs like Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and Premiere Pro along with other Adobe Creative Cloud Software.
English Option: One of the Following
6 Credits UT/Business/WEGD
WEGD electives must be drawn from the Design stream for Web students and vice versa
Design Stream: Required Courses
Web Stream Required Courses
Locations & Dates
CNC programs have varying lengths and start dates to meet your needs, and are offered across multiple campuses where possible. Don’t see the campus you’re looking for? Check back with us soon as this page is updated throughout the school year.
- High school graduation or equivalent.
- English Studies 12, or English First Peoples 12, or ENGL 050, or ENGL 051, or equivalent.
Note: Basic computer skills are required. You will be required to use a mouse and keyboard or alternative means to interact with the operating system and software programs.
Need help meeting these requirements? Check out our Academic Upgrading options.
Any program of study that does not have a selective admission process or fixed capacity and is on a “first qualified, first admitted” basis.
Invest in your future
The estimated cost for this program is $5,077.
The estimated cost for this program is $10,915.
Students are required to bring their own laptop and software. The Adobe Cloud is approx. $270/year.
These costs are an estimate. Student fees vary by campus. Check the fee schedule for more details.
Supplies for this program can be purchased from the bookstore.