Tuition & Fees
CNC requires a tuition deposit be paid PRIOR to issuing a Letter of Acceptance (LOA). Depending on your program and course selection(s), your tuition deposit may not cover the entirety of your first term costs. If your tuition deposit is greater than your tuition costs, the over-payment will be carried forward to your next term's tuition.
International Fees By Program 2022-23 International Fees 2022
Application Fee: A $125 non-refundable application fee should be sent with your application to CNC.
Education Fees for 2022/2023 academic year (all fees quoted in Canadian dollars):
Program or course, per semester
Returning International Students
|New International Students
English Language Training (ENLA)
Academic Upgrading (per course)
Diploma, post-diploma, associate degree and university transfer courses, 3 credits (per course)
|Lab fees (per lab unit)
Registration fee (per term) – includes ancillary registration, bus pass, CNC Students Union fees etc.
Accommodation Fee: Dependent on accommodation type. For more information see On-campus Housing
Medical Insurance: Medical insurance is mandatory for all BC Residents. For more information about your medical coverage and fees, see Safety and Wellness.
Preferred payment method:
College of New Caledonia has partnered with PayMyTuition for international tuition payments. With PayMyTuition, you can pay your tuition payments from any bank, in any country in any currency at better than bank exchange rates. PayMyTuition is fast, simple and cost effective.
Tuition Refund Policy
Our refund policy concerning the tuition deposit is as follows:
- Application fees are NOT refundable
- International applicants are eligible for a refund ONLY if they are denied a Student VISA. Proper documentation MUST be provided with refund request
- Monies received by CNC College are NOT transferrable to any other institution of higher learning
- Students who arrive in Canada with a VISA secured through CNC, but who “Fail To Appear” for classes at our College, WILL BE reported to Immigration Canada as “Missing”
Applicants whose request for a Student Visa is declined will receive a full refund on tuition deposits paid, less a $250 administration fee. Contact the International Education office at CNC for a refund request form if your Visa application has been denied.
Payment plans for Spring semester are available starting March 15, 2023
Students who have registered but do not pay full fees or set up a payment plan by April 26, 2023 will be de-registered from their classes, and risk losing their first choice in courses/sections/instructors.
To set up a payment plan:
- Register for your courses for the semester. Do not apply for a payment plan until after you are registered.
- Apply for a payment plan using the online application form
Please note: this link does not work on mobile phones/tablets. Please use a computer to access the application form. Computers are available in all College computer labs, or you can apply from home using your own computer.
- When completing the application form, please ensure you complete all three sections. You must provide the following:
Incomplete applications will not be accepted
- Complete information on your financial situation, including full details on your monthly income, GIC and other income (from family etc).
- Accurate information on all your monthly expenses
- Clearly state your financial situation, and explain why you cannot pay your tuition in full. One-sentence responses will be rejected – we require at least one paragraph of 80 words, with full detailed information on your situation in order to assess your eligibility for a payment plan.
- Note: you only need to apply ONCE for your payment plan. Do not set up multiple payment plan applications.
- Read the “Terms and Conditions”, click that you have read them, then click the “submit” button to submit your application – it will be saved on a secure site accessible only to the International Education Department staff.
- Once your payment plan application has been received by International Education it will be reviewed. You do not need to go to the International Education Centre. If the information provided on your payment plan application is insufficient you may be asked to meet with International Education staff for further review.
- If approved, you will receive an e-mail from International Education within one week of application to confirm the approval. You will receive a second e-mail from Financial Services with confirmation of due dates, payment amounts and deadlines. Until you have received your confirmation email from Financial Services, your payment plan is NOT complete.
- IMPORTANT: if at any time in the past, the College has had to send your financial account to a collections agency for non-payment of fees, or if your account has a history of late or incomplete payments, your application for a payment plan will be denied, as per the Terms and Conditions. If your payment plan application is denied, you will be notified via e-mail by International Education.
- Fees are due on the following dates:
April 26, 2023: minimum 40% down payment
May 31, 2023: average 30% (depending on size of down payment)
June 30, 2023: average 30% (depending on size of down payment)
- Financial Services will assess your payment amounts and this information will be available via CNC Connect once you have received your confirmation e-mail from Financial Services.
*All down payments must be completed by April 26, 2023 at 12:00 pm. Students who have not completed their down payment by this date will be deregistered from classes on April 27, 2023.