Testing & Tutoring Services

What is the Student Readiness Assessment?

Many programs require English and/or Math skills for admission. You may be required to write a Student Readiness Assessment (SRA) if:

  • You have not taken the required English or Math courses listed in your program's admission requirements.
  • You have been out of school for several years.
  • You are an international or out-of-province applicant.

We will let you know if you are required to write the SRA as part of the application or selection process.

Please note that the SRA may only be taken once every six months.

Acedemic Upgrading - BL 2

Taking your Student Readiness Assessment

You must have a current CNC student number and have applied for a CNC course or program to write the test.


CNC will provide you with information about upcoming SRA test dates, if required.


If you live in Prince George, Burns Lake, Fort St. James, Mackenzie, Quesnel or Vanderhoof, you may register at the CNC Office in your community.

If you do not live near a CNC campus, you may arrange to write the test at your local high school or community college by filling out the request form below:

After the request is received and approved, someone from Testing & Tutoring Services will email the testing instructions to the school/proctor you have identified.

A suitable proctor is someone who works full time in an academic or administrative role at a college, university, high school or public library. Students and proctors cannot be related in any way, nor live at the same address. You may not use an employer, coach, friend or business associate as a proctor. CNC reserves the right to refuse any proctor who it deems to be inappropriate.

Test Invigilation

The Resource Centre offers secure online and paper-based testing services in a professional environment. Contact the Lakes Academic Advisor for applicable fees and details. The fee for this service is $50 (plus taxes).