CNC is continuing an academic year like no other. We have six simple suggestions to help you be safe and healthy during your studies.
Know your program’s start date
The general start date for CNC’s winter term (January to April 2021) is now January 11th
2021. That’s a week later than first planned. But specific programs may have different start dates. View the academic calendar
for your individual program schedule.
For international students
visit our COVID-19 information page
for CNC’s International Students Safe Arrival Guide. It will tell you more about laws, travel, quarantining when you arrive, and beginning your studies.
Follow provincial health orders and CNC rules
- Check your health every day. If you have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever, cough, shortness of breath), self-isolate right away and seek medical advice by calling 8-1-1 or visit HealthLinkBC;
- Keep two meters of physical distance from others at all times;
- Wear a mask in any indoor public area on campus; and
- Clean your hands regularly. Wash with soap and warm water or use alcohol-based hand gel.
Provincial health orders can and will change. We will provide the latest as we know it at cnc.bc.ca/covid19.
Safety training for all students
whether you are studying on-campus or on-line: do your COVID-19 safety training
. It will take 10 minutes.
Orientation for new students
finish your new student orientation.
Stay well and seek support when you need it,
particularly for mental health and wellness:
- Counselling services are at all six campuses, with wellness coaching at the Prince George Campus.
- Here2Talk provides confidential mental health support for students at any time. Call 1-604-642-5212 or toll free at 1-877-857-3397, visit Here2Talk or download the app on Google Play and the Apple App Store; and/or
- Visit Northern Health or call your family doctor.