Strategic Direction #1: Student Success
Support and enhance the student experience to enable the engagement and success of our learners.
The College of New Caledonia serves the region by providing high quality, relevant, and cost efficient programs and courses that meet the labour market demands and specific needs of our communities. It is estimated that by 2024, 78% of the nearly 1 million job openings will require some form of post-secondary education and training. By supporting students in achieving their educational goals, and increasing access and participation of learners, CNC will support residents of our communities to become contributing members of a strong diverse regional economy.
- Develop a CNC Education Plan to ensure a common academic standard, vision, and direction that will be applied across all programs and will ensure our students receive consistent high quality education at all of our campuses and regions.
- Increase access to educational opportunities through flexible delivery of programs, including online, blended, and the real-time, instructor-led Digital Delivery Instruction (DDI).
- Support strong connections with community organizations to ensure program relevance.
- Update the International Education department’s strategic plan to ensure it continues to advance the Ministry of Advanced Education’s International Education Strategy.
- Expand existing and establish new transfer options for students to other post-secondary institutions provincially, nationally and internationally to enhance student options for further education.
- Increase accessibility of awards and bursaries by streamlining application and awards systems.