University Studies

No Credential
  • Part Time
  • Full Time
LENGTH: 1 year
CAMPUS: Burns Lake - Fort St. James - Mackenzie - Prince George - Quesnel - Vanderhoof
FEES: See the Fee Schedule for individual course prices
START DATE: Fall 2023 - Spring 2025
  • In Class
Application Status
Applications still open.
  • Overview
  • Courses
  • Location & Dates
  • Entry Requirements
  • Fees


I want to get a university degree. Can I start at CNC?

Definitely. We offer dozens of university level courses. A bachelor’s degree (also known as an undergraduate degree) usually takes four years. Many people take the first two years at a community college such as CNC, then transfer to university for years 3 and 4. Advantages of starting at a community college include smaller classes, more one-on one attention from instructors, and lower tuition fees.

Associate degrees

We offer associate degrees in arts and science, featuring two years of university-level study in a variety of academic subjects. These degrees transfer into university programs, and give you preferential admission at UNBC and SFU. All public universities and university-colleges in BC give special recognition of transfer credit to students with associate degrees.

A diploma gives you recognition

Like an associate degree, a diploma can be equivalent to the first two years of a university degree in that particular subject. With a diploma, you can go to work immediately or transfer to university. If you decide to work, a diploma gives you more options in the workplace. We offer diplomas in accounting and finance, business management, criminology, kinesiology, social work, web and graphic design, and more.

What are transfer courses?

Since CNC offers only the first two years of instruction, you need to transfer to a university to finish your degree. You transfer the credits you receive for CNC courses to a university and continue on to complete your degree. When you take one of our UT courses, it’s as though you were studying in the same class at a university. For example, if you complete our introductory psychology course, a university will give you credit for its introductory course.

To ensure your credits transfer seamlessly, CNC has formal agreements in place with the following BC universities:

  • Athabasca University
  • Emily Carr University
  • Kwantlen Polytechnic University
  • University of British Columbia
  • University of Northern British Columbia
  • Simon Fraser University
  • Thompson Rivers University
  • University of Victoria
  • Vancouver Island University

However, you should meet with the institution you plan to attend to ensure transferability and admission requirements are met.

You can also transfer to universities in other provinces and other countries — talk to a CNC advisor for details.

Once you have your bachelor’s degree, you have the option to go on and obtain a master’s degree (MA or MSc) or a doctorate (PhD).

University transfer information (BCCAT)

Students planning to transfer their credits to another institution should consult the British Columbia Transfer Guide to verify transferability of credits. The British Columbia Transfer Guide is published by the British Columbia Council on Admissions and Transfer and is available online.

CNC advisors will assist students in selecting transferable courses; however, the final responsibility for course selection rests with the student. The British Columbia Council on Admissions and Transfer (BCCAT) website is located at

University Studies Courses

Description coming soon

Locations & Dates

CNC programs have varying lengths and start dates to meet your needs, and are offered across multiple campuses where possible. Don’t see the campus you’re looking for? Check back with us soon as this page is updated throughout the school year.

Fall 2023 Burns Lake In Class Varies
Fall 2023 Fort St. James In Class Varies
Fall 2023 Mackenzie In Class Varies
Fall 2023 Prince George In Class Varies
Fall 2023 Quesnel In Class Varies
Fall 2023 Vanderhoof In Class Varies
Spring 2024 Prince George In Class Varies
Spring 2024 Burns Lake In Class Varies
Spring 2024 Fort St. James In Class Varies
Spring 2024 Mackenzie In Class Varies
Spring 2024 Quesnel In Class Varies
Spring 2024 Vanderhoof In Class Varies
Intersession 2024 Prince George In Class Varies
Fall 2024 Prince George In Class Varies
Fall 2024 Quesnel In Class Varies
Spring 2025 Prince George In Class Varies

Entry Requirements

Successful completion of one of the following:

  • Grade 12 (with English 12 or English 12: First Peoples) or
  • ABE/Academic Upgrading Advanced Certificate or
  • GED Certificate or Grade 11, with an outstanding academic record, in the year of application.

Note 1: It is recommended that high school students consult their counselors to ensure they select the most appropriate high school courses for their chosen career paths.

Note 2: The GED certificate meets the general admission requirements but does not meet specific program or course prerequisites.

Note 3: You will need to comply with the prerequisites of the specific courses you select.

Open admission

Any program of study that does not have a selective admission process or fixed capacity and is on a “first qualified, first admitted” basis.

Invest in your future

Please check the Fee Schedule for up-to-date information.

These costs are an estimate and do not include books. Costs may change without notice. Student fees vary by campus.

Books for this program can be purchased from the bookstore.

Paying for college

We're here to help. You can apply for scholarships and bursaries through CNC. We can also help you find loans and other funding. Visit Financial aid to find out how.

Salaries and employment

Looking for a job? Check the student employment opportunities.