Post Diploma in Information Technologies is a two-year diploma program offered in one of the fastest-growing niches in the Canadian job market: Information Technology. Topics and skills include:
- Network configuration and administration
- Enterprise data storage and services
- Cyber-security administration
- Wireless network security
- Troubleshooting and support
- Project management and customer service
Course offerings are constructed on recognized industry manufacturers’ and vendor-neutral standards which encourage you to develop competencies relevant to current and future trends in IT enterprise/server environments.
To meet objectives found in the modern workplace, the Post-Diploma in Information Technology (PDIT) program incorporates foundations necessary for you to obtain several industry-recognized certifications:
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) - Routing and Switching
- (A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+)
- Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA – Microsoft Server OS)
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA)
- Certified Wireless Network Professionals
Certified Wireless Technician (CWT)
- Linux Professional Institute
- Electronics Technician Association
- Customer Service Specialist (CSS)
- Fiber Optics Technician (FOT)
- Information Systems Analysts and Consultants
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Systems/Network Administrator
- Technical Analyst
- Computer and Network Operators and Web Technicians
- Computer Programmers and System Testing Technicians
- Database Analysts and Data Administrators.
Post Diploma Information Technologies Courses
Information technology (IT) as defined by the Information Technology Association of America (ITAA) is the study, design, development, implementation, support, or management of computer-based information systems, particularly software applications and computer hardware. The Post Diploma in Information Technologies program provides in-depth instruction and practical application of the course curriculum. Students develop a skill set to be able to network, configure, support and troubleshoot computer systems and devices. Students enrolled in the PDIT program are exposed to hands-on activities using well equipped computer labs. Applicants applying to the PDIT program should have an interest in the computing industry, strong communication and problem solving skills . The Post Diploma in Information Technologies program prepares students to obtain industry-recognized certification from: . Cisco (CCENT, CCNA) . CompTIA (A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, Linux+) . Microsoft (MTA, MCSA, MOS) . CWNP (CWTS, CWNA, CWSP) . LPI (Linux Essentials) . FOA (CFOT) . ETA (CSS)
A minimum "B" grade on each course is required to successfully complete the PDIT program. The student must complete all course components.
Locations & Dates
CNC programs have varying lengths and start dates to meet your needs, and are offered across multiple campuses where possible. Don’t see the campus you’re looking for? Check back with us soon as this page is updated throughout the school year.
- Minimum successful completion of a 2-year diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution or equivalent, within the past 5 years, in either Computer Science or Business Information Technologies or equivalent.
- Students whose first language is not English must show proof of a minimum TOEFL score of 80 (IBT), or minimum overall IELTS score of 6.0 or equivalent, or completion of CNC ESL English for Academic Purposes or equivalent
Students must complete all of the 17 courses with a minimum grade of B (72%) in each course in order to graduate with a Post Diploma in Information Technologies.
In the Post Diploma in Information Technologies program a minimum grade of B (72%) or higher is required for any prerequisite course.
Students who meet all graduation requirements will receive a Post-Diploma in Human Resources Management.
Invest in your future
Please check the Fee Schedule for up-to-date information.
These costs are an estimate and do not include books. Costs may change without notice. Student fees vary by campus.
Information about books for this program will be given out on the first day of orientation.
Paying for college
We're here to help. You can apply for scholarships and bursaries through CNC. We can also help you find loans and other funding. Visit Financial Aid to find out how.
Salaries and employment
Looking for a job? Check the student employment opportunities.
The estimated cost for this program is $24,164.
This cost is an estimate and subject to change. This does not include registration fees, text books, medical insurance or living expenses.