You will receive instruction in a setting designed to represent a typical automotive refinishing facility. You will have practical, hands-on learning on real vehicles using traditional and state-of-the-art technology. You will also spend time in the classroom learning the theories and details that will set you apart from others and give you a strong foundation in the field. You will work in the auto lab to acquire the latest industry standard skills in refinishing and preparation. You will learn how to use the latest tools, plastics and composites in a safe and efficient way. You will gain the ability to repair basic sheet metal damage and become knowledgeable and proficient in surface preparation
Note: This program is offered in alternate years with Autobody (Motor Vehicle Body Repair) Foundation-Level.
Automotive Refinishing Prep Technician Courses
You'll learn the latest painting techniques, while using the newest paint technology, just like the best autobody shops. If you have taken CNC's Motor Vehicle Body Repair progroam you are an ideal candidate and will learn painting techniques that will take your skills to the next level.
There are no offerings of this program scheduled at this time. Check back later.
- Grade 10 with English 10 or equivalent
- Apprenticeship and Workplace Math 10 or Trades Math 041 or Math 030
Students who do not meet the above requirement but think they may be admissible as a mature student should consult a CNC advisor.
Students are encouraged to submit a resumé, a handwritten statement indicating reasons for wishing to enter the program, and to complete the Student Readiness Assessment (SRA), which includes a test of mechanical reasoning skills. This is part of the selection criteria listed below and will be awarded points. If the program is over-subscribed, students will be selected based on the selection criteria listed below.
- The letter grade for English 10, English 030 or Communications 11 or equivalent will contribute its actual points to the selection process: e.g., “A” = 4.0, “B+” = 3.33, etc.
- The letter grade for Principles of Math 10, Math 030, Applications of Math 10, Applied Math 10 or equivalent, will contribute its actual points to the selection process: e.g., “A” = 4.0, “B+” = 3.33, etc.
- The mechanical reasoning portion of the SRA will be awarded a maximum of 5 points.
- The English portion of the SRA will be awarded a maximum of 1 point.
- The Math portion of the SRA will be awarded a maximum of 1 point.
- Credit in one or more trades-related courses at the Grade 12 level with a grade of “B” or higher, or successful completion of any foundation level trades training program or documented experience of one year in a trade will be awarded 3 points.
- Credit in any of the following: English 11, Principles of Math 11, or equivalents, or Trades Math 042 with a “C” grade or higher will be awarded 3 points.
- Credit for submitting a resumé and personal handwritten statement indicating reasons for wishing to enter this program will be awarded a maximum of 3 points.
Maximum points = 24