Before You Arrive

The College of New Caledonia is pleased to announce that our British Columbia (BC) campus (DLI O19360977332), has made Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship, Canada’s (IRCC) approved list of designated learning institutions reopening to international students.

More information on DLI COVID-19 readiness qualifications

For detailed information on quarantine requirements and CNC International Students Safe Arrival Guide visit Covid-19 information for International Students..

Immigration Documents

As an international student, there are a number of documents you need to enter and study in Canada. You are responsible for maintaining your immigration status and complying with immigration regulations while you're here.

Most international students at CNC require:

 Study permit

The study permit is a document we issue that allows foreign nationals to study at designated learning institutions (DLI) in Canada. All international students in programs longer than six months need a valid study permit. Once you have a study permit, submit a scanned copy of it to the International Education Centre at


 Medical Insurance

We want to protect your health and safety while you study with us. Use these options to ensure you have appropriate medical care while in Canada.

Medical Insurance Info


A passport is an official document of citizenship issued by the government of your country, certifying your identity and citizenship, to be used when traveling to and from foreign countries. Applications can take up to three months, so apply as soon as possible.

 Apply for a Social Insurance Number (SIN)

You can apply for your SIN with Service Canada.

Get your SIN

Temporary Resident Visa (TRV) & Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA)

Once you have been accepted and received your visa, please arrange your accommodation and travel, it is important to make preparations for adapting to your studies. Please arrange to arrive in Prince George prior to your program start date. CNC offers students a full orientation, that is mandatory for new students.

Other Important Steps

You'll also want to complete the following before starting your semester.

 Complete a Freedom of Information Consent Form

The College of New Caledonia (CNC) collects, uses, discloses and retains personal information in compliance with the BC Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.

Complete the form

 Open a Bank Account

Make sure you have a bank account in Canada for easy access to funds.

New Students Guide

Complete the steps in the guide to get your user ID set up, register for classes, get your textbooks, and more.


Arrival in Prince George

Prince George Airport is located approximately 15 minutes' drive from the city. There are several options for transportation from the Airport into the city:


Emerald Taxi: or phone 250-563-3333
Prince George Taxi: or phone 250-564-4444

PG Airport Shuttle Service or phone 250-563-2220