Kinesiology is the study of all aspects of human movement—the foundation of the fitness industry, rehabilitation, and physical education.
Kinesiology is suited to people who are motivated to develop a theoretical understanding of fitness, physical wellness, and athletic performance.
Careers and opportunities
Society puts increasing emphasis on health and wellness. There will be continued demand for people who are trained and motivated to help others improve and maintain physical abilities.
Graduates are employable in entry-level positions in kinesiology-related fields, including:
- Gyms and athletic clubs
- Recreational centres and programs
- Physiotherapy and sports medicine clinics
- Professional and amateur teams
- Retirement homes and care facilities
- Physical education
Students also have the option to continue their studies at a degree-granting institution.
What you will learn
The Kinesiology Diploma program offers a wide variety of first and second year courses that transfer into a Kinesiology degree-granting institution.
- Anatomy and physiology
- Physical fitness and health
- Growth and development
- Biomechanics and injury management
- Performance analysis
- Sport administration
Kinesiology Diploma Courses
Kinesiology is the study of all aspects of human movement. The Kinesiology Diploma program offers a wide variety of first and second year courses that transfer into a Kinesiology degree-granting institution. Courses include anatomy and physiology, physical fitness and health, growth and development, biomechanics and injury management, and coaching and sport administration. Students are interested in the fitness industry, rehabilitation, and teaching physical education.
Plus 24 credits of university transfer (UT) electives - 9 must be in KINS courses.
Options for KINS courses:
Locations & Dates
CNC programs have varying lengths and start dates to meet your needs, and are offered across multiple campuses where possible. Don’t see the campus you’re looking for? Check back with us soon as this page is updated throughout the school year.
Successful completion of one of the following:
- Grade 12 (with English 12 or English 12: First Peoples) or
- ABE/Academic Upgrading Advanced Certificate or
- GED Certificate
- Grade 11, with an outstanding academic record, in the year of application.
Note 1: It is recommended high school students consult their counsellors to ensure they select the most appropriate high school courses for their chosen career paths.
Note 2: Students who received less than a "B" in English 12 or its equivalent are encouraged to select English 103 as their first university credit English course.
Note 3: The GED certificate meets the general admission requirements, but does not meet specific program or course prerequisites.
Notes 4: You'll need to comply with the prerequisites of the specific courses you select.
Additional program-specific admission requirements
- It is recommended that high school students take Physics 11 and Pre-Calculus Math 11.
- Foundations of Math 11 or Math 045 is a prerequisite for KINS 120.
- The Kinesiology program requires participating in various sport and fitness courses. Students are expected to demonstrate a willingness to participate in physical fitness and strenuous activities. Physical disabilities may not exclude you from successful completion of the Kinesiology Diploma.
- Students are required to undergo a criminal record search, schedule B, through the Ministry of Justice. This cost is the responsibility of the student. A search which identifies relevant criminal convictions may prevent the student from entering into required work experiences in certain Kinesiology courses. Please see the following website for further information: Criminal Records Review
Need help meeting these requirements? Check out our Academic Upgrading options.
Invest in your future
Please check the Fee Schedule for up-to-date information.
These costs are an estimate and do not include books. Costs may change without notice. Student fees vary by campus.
Books for this program can be purchased from the bookstore.
Paying for college
We're here to help. You can apply for scholarships and bursaries through CNC. We can also help you find loans and other funding. Visit Financial aid to find out how.
Salaries and employment
Looking for a job? Check the student employment opportunities.
The estimated cost for this program is $26,790.
This cost is an estimate and subject to change. This does not include registration fees, text books, medical insurance or living expenses.