We’re pleased to have you back on campus as we begin our new term together.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to affect all of us. We are committed to following public health orders and guidance to support your health and safety and that of CNC employees.
According to Provincial Health Officer Dr. Bonnie Henry, transmission of COVID-19 in educational settings on campus continues to be uncommon and is lower than other sectors. She has also noted the importance of maintaining in-person and on-campus education for post-secondary students. You can read more from Dr. Henry’s letter to college and university presidents at https://cnc.bc.ca/docs/letter-to-psi-presidents-2021-12-21.
Please help us by following these steps:
- Monitor your health every day before coming to a CNC campus. Please do not come to campus if you are sick. If you have symptoms including a new fever or cough, you should also self-isolate and seek medical advice as soon as possible. Find out more by calling 8-1-1 or visiting www.healthlinkbc.ca.
Accommodations are available for students who need to self-isolate. You can find more in our academic concessions policy and procedures.
- New for this term: eating is no longer permitted in classrooms until further notice. We ask for your cooperation because people may be un-masked for lengthy periods while consuming food. Drinks are permitted so long as a student immediately replaces their mask after taking a drink.
We encourage you to use the new furniture on the Prince George Campus to have your lunch, take a break, or have a drink. You can also visit the cafeteria to have your lunch.
- Mask use continues to be required in all indoor public spaces including classrooms.
- Clean your hands regularly with soap and warm water or alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Tend to your mental health and wellness. Students can visit http://here2talk.ca or call 1-877-857-3397 anytime day or night.
We will provide college updates at http://cnc.bc.ca/covid as they happen, as well as on CNC’s Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter accounts. For updates on individual classes, please check your email regularly or visit your Moodle account.
We hope you have a terrific term and thank you for your dedication.