Financial Assistance for Studying Abroad
Extra funding is now available to Study Abroad students until January 31, 2018
For more information please contact Romana Pasca in International Education.
CNC Study Abroad Bursary $500
CNC International Education Department has established Study Abroad Bursaries to support CNC students in pursuing Study Abroad opportunities. Bursaries are awarded to eligible students participating in a CNC Study Abroad program.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility:
- Be enrolled as a full-time CNC student (domestic or international student) for at least one semester;
- Have been accepted into an eligible CNC Study Abroad program;
- Have an academic standing suitable to Study Abroad (GPA of 3.0 or higher);
- Have a sincere interest in international travel and inter-cultural learning;
- Have not previously received a Study Abroad Bursary from CNC;
Applicants are required to submit a short letter detailing the importance or value of their Study Abroad program along with a recent transcript.
Study Abroad Bursary Application Form
Irving K. Barber One World International Scholarship $1,000 - $3,500
Irving K. Barber One World Scholarship $1,000 - $3,500
Scholarships of between $1,000 and $3,500 are awarded on a competitive basis to students from all regions of BC who demonstrate a combination of strong academic achievement and community involvement, along with clearly defined career and educational goals. Applications are collected and adjudicated by CNC for CNC students only.
To be eligible to apply for this Scholarship, you…
- are a Canadian citizen, permanent resident (landed immigrant), convention refugee, or protected person living in Canada
- are a resident of British Columbia, defined as having a primary residency in the province for at least 12 consecutive months prior to your the commencement of current year of full-time studies
- have clearly demonstrated significant community and/or school involvement and academic achievement, supported by two references submitted with the application
- are enrolled in an academic program of at least one year at a BC public post-secondary institution leading to a credential and have been accepted into an eligible international program outside of Canada or United States
- are not planning an international experience in a country from which you have immigrated from within the past 10 years
- plan to begin your international experience within 12 months of receiving the scholarship; and
- will return to British Columbia after completing your international experience for further education or work.
Deadline for applications: February 28, 2019
Please submit your complete applications to Romana Pasca – International Education, room 1 -780
Scholarships and Awards — BC Study Abroad (BCSA) Consortium
The BC Study Abroad (BCSA) Consortium is a group of BC post-secondary institutions that work together to encourage students to gain international academic experience by offering short term study abroad programs across disciplines and countries around the world. Visit their website for current scholarships and awards and other study abroad opportunities. For more information please click here.
Open Scholarships and Awards 2018
- Stories from Abroad: $1000 British Columbia Study Abroad Scholarship; Application deadline: October 26, 2018
- 2017 Huayu Enrichment Scholarship
- 2017 Taiwan Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarship Plan - India, 2017-2018
- 2017 Chinese Government Scholarship Program