Reports and plans
Departmental fast facts
What does Communication Services do?
- Web development:
- Maintain CNC's visual identity standards on the Web
- Advise departments / campuses on user-friendly and effective web design
- Create, update, and maintain hundreds (maybe thousands) of web pages. (Did you know that the CNC site gets about 5,000 visits a day? That's nearly 2 million a year!)
- Train 30 - 40 staff members each year to maintain their own sites
- Respond to hundreds of queries and comments on web pages annually
- Work with departments / campuses to constantly improve navigation for site visitors
- Maintain multimedia on the CNC website (video clips, 360Âº virtual tours) as well as media off-site (e.g., YouTube)
- Advertising and media -- annual activities:
- Advertising packages and news coverage on CKPG, Shaw Cable, 101.3 The River, 99.3 The Drive, and regional radio stations
- Ads and coverage in the Prince George Citizen, the Prince George Free Press, trade and industry magazines, educational magazines, and more.
- Outdoor and indoor billboards (numerous locations; e.g., Roll-a-Dome, PGYSA)
- Rink boards at local hockey arenas (Prince George Cougars and Prince George Spruce Kings)
- Full display and rack at the Prince George Airport
- Coordinate media events such as book launches, art shows, visits from dignitaries, funding announcements, etc.
- Coordinates and/or assists with over 40 events annually, attended by thousands of people, Events include Welcome Assembly, Convocation, Donor Appreciation Dinner, Fundraising Gala, Service Recognition Awards, Financial Aid Awards, Orientation, various community and trade fairs, Career Fair, wellness fair(s), and more.
- Graphic design / publications:
- Maintain CNC's visual identity standards
- Create and maintain dozens of brochures for regional programs and services
- Create and print dozens of banners, posters, signs, and other materials, such as event programs and Kodiaks menus
- Create annual college calendar (300 pages)
- Create annual college viewbook (c. 30 pages)
- Edit and design annual Continuing Education calendar
- Create donor / community newsletter
- Edit selected web text, including program pages
- Recruitment -- annual activities:
- 50+ school visits
- 14 education / career fairs
- Hundreds of e-mail, written, live chat, and telephone enquiries
- More than 20 campus tours
- Two phone-a-thons
- Annual fundraising dinner
- Watch for this area to expand dramatically soon!