PLEASE NOTE: This program is no longer being offered at this time.
On This Page
250-561-5848 ext. 5858
CTC Administrative Assistant
250-561-5848 ext. 5632
Fax : 250-561-5854
116 - 2211 Nicholson Street
Prince George, BC
3330 - 22nd Avenue
Prince George, BC V2N 1P8
Prepare for a management position in the world's largest and fastest-growing industry! With the 2010 Olympics on the horizon, tourism and hospitality are more important that ever in British Columbia. As a hospitality professional, you'll qualify for a host of interesting jobs world wide in positions such as Hotel Manager, Assistant Manager, Maitre D', Room Services Manager, Front Office Manager, Restaurant Owner and Manager, Sales Manager, Director of Food and Beverages in hotels, bars and restaurants just to name a few.
This program gives the student first year credit in the two year diploma Hospitality program. It is divided into many short course units which include both written and practical skills. You must show that you understand the written part by successfully completing a test at the end of each module and by demonstrating the tasks found in that module.
• Marketing • Intro to Computer Systems
1. Be enrolled in a Public School within School District 57 or 91.
2. Have and maintain a C+ or better grade average.
3. Currently be in Grade 10 or 11.
4. Maintain good work habits with minimal absenteeism's.
Because of the high volume of applicants and the limited number of seats
available for this program, the following criteria will be used to select the class, in
the following order of priority.
1. Academic qualifications - maintaining a C+ or better
2. Maintaining good work habits, minimal absenteeism's and lates
3. Completion of Application package, including a resume, personal reference letter and all recent report cards.
4. Level of interest in entering the program as determined in the interview.
5. Level of commitment to the program as outlined in the objectives in the resume.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Marks, work habits, attendance, and lates are monitored for the semester before the CTC semester starts. All accepted students are conditionally enrolled in the program with reference to the selection criteria as stated above.
Pick up an application package at one of the following locations
CTC Office: 2211 Nicholson Street
Your local schools counsellor office
or print off the Downloadable form (PDF)
Once you've filled out the package, deliver it by mail, fax or in person to the CTC Office. Mailing applications should be made out to the Career Technical Centre, 3330 - 22nd Avenue, Prince George, BC V2N 1P8. If you have any questions please contact the CTC Administrative Assistant at extension 5632.